"Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
—Julius Caesar (William Shakespeare)
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Lady Windermere’s Fan (Oscar Wilde)
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.
- Paradise Lost (John Milton)
Not all those who wander are lost.
-The Lord of the Rings (J. R. R. Tolkien)
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
– Norwegian Wood (Haruki Murakami)
The candidates who are aspiring for the NET Exam may appear in this competitive race, only if they fulfill all the UGC NET eligibility conditions given below-
- For General Category Candidates – 55% aggregate in Master’s Degree or Equivalent Degree
- For ST/SC/OBC/ PWD Candidates – 50% aggregate in Master’s Degree
- The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of the date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in NET.
- A final year student of Master’s Degree or passed out student whose result is still awaited is also eligible for UGC NET Exam. However, such students will only be considered for the admission for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor when they have passed their Master’s Degree with required percentage criteria.
The upper age limit criteria is as follows:
- The candidates who are applying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship must not age more than 30 years.
- There are no such upper age limit criteria for Assistant Professors.
Also check the Age Relaxation benefits:
- 5 years’ age relaxation will be provided to candidates belonging to OBC, ST, SC, PWD and Women Applicants.
- Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research on any subject of maximum 5 years, only if the certificate is produced by appropriate university or institute.
- 3 Years Relaxation in Age will be provided to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree.