"Men at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
—Julius Caesar (William Shakespeare)
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Lady Windermere’s Fan (Oscar Wilde)
The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.
- Paradise Lost (John Milton)
Not all those who wander are lost.
-The Lord of the Rings (J. R. R. Tolkien)
If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.
– Norwegian Wood (Haruki Murakami)
For NTA UGC NET 2018 registrations, students need to fill the application form in the online mode.
Candidate has to submit the application form from the official website of National Testing Agency (NTA), www.nta.ac.in. The application form submission will be done in four stage.
- Application form
- Upload documents
- Exam fee payment
- Print of confirmation page
Follow the steps for filling the application form
Step 1: Fill UGC NET Application Form
- Visit the official website of NTA, www.nta.ac.in.
- Click on “Apply” link.
- Next click on “Proceed to Apply”
- Fill all the field with valid information and create a password and choose security question and enter the answer for the question.
- Click on “Submit” button.
- The system will display an Application Number and password (candidate have to use it for login credentials )
Details to be filled in the form include:
• Exam related details: Here, student needs to select their preference for UGC NET exam centers. Also, students need to select the subject as well as the role (Assistant Professor/ JRF and Assistant Professor) they want to opt.
• Personal information: This section includes student’s details such as name, gender, parents’ name, mobile number, email address, date of birth, etc.
• Mailing address
• Permanent address
• Educational qualification: This includes filling up of details such as subject of postgraduate exam, status of post-graduation (passed/ appearing), university name, year of passing post-graduation, status of MPhil and PhD (passed/ appearing/ not appearing), etc.
• Password generation: Here students need to create their password.
• Security pin: This involves filling up the security pin already given on the page.
After all the details are filled, candidates need to click on the “Next” button. On clicking the button, candidates will be redirected to a new page.
Step 2: Upload Images and Signature
Next, students need to upload their scanned images and signature. The scanned images and signature should be in JPEG format.
The size and dimensions of photo image are as mentioned below:
|Size of photo image||Greater than 4 kb and less than 40 kb|
|Dimensions of photo image||3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)|
The size and dimensions of signature image are as mentioned below:
|Size of signature image||Greater than 1 kb and less than 30 kb|
|Dimensions of signature image||3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height) only|
Step 3: Pay UGC NET Application Fee
The candidate has to pay the application fee. The payment is to be done through Debit / Credit card or Net Banking. After the success of payment, the application form will get submitted.
|Category||UGC NET Application Fee|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 200|
Step 4: Download the Confirmation Page
Lastly, students need to take a printout of the Confirmation Page and keep it for future reference.
Thereafter, UGC NET 2018 application process will be complete.